Urological and Robotic Surgeon
Dr Matthew Threadgate is proud to announce the opening of his new independent urology practice ‘Matthew Threadgate Urology’. Matthew aims to provide the highest standard of urological care to private and public patients in the Illawarra and Southern Highlands. Matthew has trained in all aspects of urology with a particular focus on urological cancers, reconstructive urology and minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Matthew is qualified da Vinci robotic surgery proctor and is the Illawarra’s most experience robotic surgeon. He offers expertise in prostate, kidney and bladder cancer robotic surgery. His other areas of subspecialty interest include surgery for male urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction and urethral stricture disease.
Matthew also treats general urological conditions such as prostate enlargement, voiding problems and kidney stones. He has a wealth of experience in the application of laser technologies including Greenlight laser therapy for BPH and Holmium laser surgery for kidney stones.
To celebrate the opening of his new practice new patient referrals seen prior to June 30th 2017 will be BULK BILLED for their initial consultation.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Registration number: MED 0001216870
- Bachelor of Medicine – The University of Newcastle, November 2002
- Fellow – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology), January 2012
- Basic Surgical Training – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 2004-2005
- Specialist Surgical Training in General Surgery – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 2006-2007
- Surgical Education & Training in Urology – Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 2008-2011
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- American Urological Association
- European Association of Urology
Courses and workshops attended:
- Short visit Department of Urology, UZ Leuven Hospital, Belgium 2010
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery Porcine Workshop, Covidien, Melbourne 2010
- da Vinci® Surgical System Off-Site Training Program for Console Surgeon, Surgical Intuitive, Sunnyvale California 2012
- Ultrasound Guided Transperineal Brachytherapy Course, Seattle Prostate Institute, Seattle Washington 2012
- Greenlight Laser Training day, American Medical Systems, Sydney NSW 2012
- 1st International Long-Term Metal Stent Workshop, The Teikyo University Hospital, Tokyo Japan 2012
- ATOMS Sub-urethral Sling Workshop (Host), Box Hill Hospital 2012
- AMS Prosthetics Fellowship, American Medical Systems, USA 2013
- Single Site Robotic Surgery training, CHUK Jockey Club Minimally Invasive Surgical Skills Centre, Hong Kong 2015
- Consultant Urologist (Private practice)
- Shellharbour Private Hospital
- Wollongong Private Hospital
- Campbelltown Private Hospital
- Southern Highlands Private Hospital
- Nowra Private Hospital